Welcome to Hamilton Ultimate Club
This website will be your primary source of information about the Hamilton Ultimate Club. Please bookmark this site, come back often, and use it as a reference.
And... PLEASE READ THIS SITE! It likely contains everything you need to know (at least for now). If you have a question, email us. But before you email us, PLEASE READ THIS SITE!
The Spring Middle School League is a club sport, and is not affiliated with Seattle Public Schools or Hamilton International Middle School. The spring league is administered by DiscNW. Find out more here: 2016 Middle School Spring League.
New Practice Location
Ballard Community Center
6020 28th Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
In past years, Spring League practices were held at Meridian Park, but this location is not an athletic facility and not maintained for field sports. The fields have become worn to the point of being dangerous for our level of play. Securing field space in Seattle is a competitive sport in itself and a tremendous challenge. We're fortunate to have acquired a practice facility where our players can play safely. Ballard Playfield is adjacent to the Ballard Community Center where we can use the bathrooms and get water. There are baseball dugouts where players can keep their gear dry. The fields are flat and drain well, so this should minimize cancellations because of rain.
Please note: Transportation to and from practice is the responsibility of players and parents.
- Participation fees are $100 per player.
- Fees will be collected after team placements have been made.
- Partial and full scholarships are available.
- Ability to pay is never a consideration for acceptance into our program.
| Wed, Feb 3
|| Registration opens
| Friday, Feb 19, 11:59pm
|| Registration closes. Any registrants after this time will placed on a waitlist.
| Wed, Feb 24 - 7:00pm|| All Parent Meeting - Please join us!|
Polly Freeman and Jim Becker's home
201 NW 60th St
Seattle, WA 98107
| Week of Feb 29
|| Tryouts (Schedule will be released soon)
| Friday, March 4
|| Team placements and practice schedule announced
| Week of March 7
|| Team practices begin
| Saturday, March 12
|| First games
| May 7 and 14
Registration Is Closed !!!
Registration closed on Friday, Feb 19.
Any registrants after this time will placed on a waitlist.
Except... WE NEED GIRLS!!!
We still need more girls to complete our teams! If you're a female and want to join our program, please register below!!!
3 Steps to Register
Complete and submit the Hamilton Ultimate Club Participation and Release of Liability Agreement.
Register your player (and at least one parent) with DiscNW.
- Complete and submit the Hamilton Ultimate Club Registration form.
- If your player already has an account with DiscNW, then you're good to go.
- If you have not previously registered your player with DiscNW, please follow these instructions:
- Go to http://www.discnw.org/ and click "New Account" in the upper right corner
- Enter all required (*) information for the parent and click "Create Account.
- Click "Hello [your name]" in the upper right corner of the webpage and select "Your Account" from the drop-down menu
- You will be redirected to your account profile. Click the "Edit Profile" button to the right of your account information and select "Add Child" from the drop-down menu
- Enter all required (*) information for your child and click "Save."
- Players can not participate in tryouts without submitting the Hamilton Ultimate Club online registration AND the Hamilton Ultimate Club Participation Agreement (Steps 1 & 2 above).
- Players can not participate in league games unless they are a registered player with DiscNW (Step 3 above).
- Players (and parents) placed on teams will be directed to electronically sign both a DiscNW Liability Waiver and Concussion Awareness Sheet.
- Tryouts will be held the week of Feb 29 at Ballard Playfield (address below).
- We will be emailing (and posting) the full tryout schedule soon.
- Please read our Acceptance Criteria.
What to bring
- A warm layer and rain jacket
- Appropriate and comfortable athletic clothing. Synthetic shirt and shorts is best.
- Long sleeves and tights when it's cold
- Water bottle
- Fantastic ultimate spirit!
- Game schedules will be posted on the DiscNW Middle School Spring League page.
- Games will be played each Saturday from Mar 12 through May 14, generally between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- There will be between 6-9 regular season games and 1-3 playoff games.
- Players must have their own transportation to practices and games.
- We suggest players ride the #44 Metro bus to practice:
- To Ballard Playfield: Westbound #44 leaves the Wallingford QFC every 10 minutes starting approximately 2:20pm.
- From Ballard Playfield: Eastbound #44 leaves NW Market and 28th Ave NW every 10 minutes starting approximately 5:00pm.
- It's a 5 block (8 min) walk from the bus stop at NW Market and 28th Ave NW to the Ballard Playfield. (Straight north on 28th Ave NW.) There is a traffic light at Market and NW 28th Ave.
- We will provide players with a detailed written description (with maps) on how to get to the practice fields via Metro bus. We may be enlisting parent chaperones to accompany players on the bus commute during the first week or two.
- We hope to enlist a parent to organize a practice and game-day carpool system.
- If you'd like to be a Carpool Coordinator or participant, or Metro Bus Chaperone, please email us at email@example.com.
Please Note: There is no after-school Activity Bus. Spring ultimate is not affiliated with Seattle Public Schools or Hamilton International Middle School. Because of this, utilizing the Activity Bus is not an option for participants of spring ultimate.
- Spring Reign will be held the weekend of April 23 & 24 at Skagit River Park in Burlington.
- We are going to submit bids to take at least 2 teams. This is an invitational tournament, so team participation is not guaranteed.
- We will most likely not be taking 6th graders. An alternate, local tournament for 6th grade teams may be organized.
for placement on a tournament team will be given to A and B team
players. Any other available spots will be filled by C team players.
- Player participation in Spring Reign is at the sole discretion of the coaches
and steering committee of the Hamilton Ultimate Club.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org