Welcome to Hamilton Ultimate Club
Spring Reign 2017 registration has started!
Check on your player's league payment status.
This website will be your primary source of information about the Hamilton Ultimate Club. Please bookmark this site, come back often, and use it as a reference.
And... PLEASE READ THIS SITE! It likely contains everything you need to know (at least for now). If you have a question, email us. But before you email us, PLEASE READ THIS SITE!
The Spring Middle School League is a club sport, and is not affiliated with Seattle Public Schools or Hamilton International Middle School. The spring league is administered by DiscNW. Find out more here: 2017 Middle School Spring League.
Practice Locations and Information
Each team will practice twice a week, either Tue/Thu or Mon/Wed. There will be no practices on early dismissal days or during spring break.
Securing fields in Seattle is difficult. Getting fields near Hamilton is even harder. In 2017, Parks is not allowing reservations on Wallingford Playfield -- meaning they may fence the field off for maintenance at any time. We are lucky to have a field reservation at the Ballard Playfield every afternoon this spring. We will keep the 6th grade teams practicing at Wallingford as long as it is available, while 7th and 8th grade teams will be commuting to their practices. If Wallingford gets fenced off or is otherwise unusable, we may have to reconsider our options.
Ballard Community Center
6020 28th Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
Adjacent to HIMS
Players at the Ballard fields will be required to get themselves to and from practice on their own. There is an easy Metro connection
: the #44 runs along 45th St. to within a few minute walk of the Ballard fields. It is highly recommended
that you get your player a youth Orca card
. There are a lot of HIMS kids that take this route as their transportation home as well as two teams worth of players that will be on the bus. You player will be in good company! In addition, a coach will do the commute with players for the first week of the season to help them get the hang of things.
Practices at Ballard will run from 4:00pm - 5:30pm; practices at Wallingford will run from 3:30pm - 5:00pm. Players at Ballard are welcome to leave from those fields and are not required to return to school before heading home.
- Participation fees are $160 per player.
- Fees will be collected after team placements have been made.
- Hamilton ultimate is a pay-what-you-can program -- partial and full scholarships are available.
- Ability to pay is never a consideration for acceptance into our program.
| Wed., Jan 25
|| Registration opens
| Friday, Feb 17, 11:59pm
|| Registration closes. Any registrants after this time will placed on a waitlist. (This is the last day of school before mid-winter break.)
| Feb 28, Mar 1, 2
|| Tryouts (details and location, TBD)
| Friday, March 4
|| Team rosters and practice schedule announced
| Week of March 7
|| Team practices begin
| Saturday, March 11
|| First games
| Approx May 4
|| Playoff schedule published
| May 6 and 13
Other dates to keep in mind:
- Feb 20 - 24: Mid-winter break
- April 10 - 14: Spring break -- no practices but we may have games on the weekends before and after the break.
- April 22 - 23: Spring Reign -- Largest youth tournament in the world! See, below, for details.
3 Steps to Register
Register your player (and at least one parent) with DiscNW.
- Complete and submit the Hamilton Ultimate Club Registration form. (Registration is closed)
- Complete and submit the Hamilton Ultimate Club Participation and Release of Liability Agreement:
- If your player already has an account with DiscNW, then you're good to go.
- If you have not previously registered your player with DiscNW, please follow these instructions:
- Go to http://www.discnw.org/ and click "New Account" in the upper right corner
- Enter all required (*) information for the parent and click "Create Account.
- Click "Hello [your name]" in the upper right corner of the webpage and select "Your Account" from the drop-down menu
- You will be redirected to your account profile. Click the "Edit Profile" button to the right of your account information and select "Add Child" from the drop-down menu
- Enter all required (*) information for your child and click "Save."
- Players can not participate in tryouts without submitting the Hamilton Ultimate Club online registration AND the Hamilton Ultimate Club Participation Agreement (Steps 1 & 2 above).
- Players can not participate in league games unless they are a registered player with DiscNW (Step 3 above).
- Players (and parents) placed on teams will be directed to electronically sign both a DiscNW Liability Waiver and Concussion Awareness Sheet.
- Tryouts will start on Feb 28 -- the Tuesday after kids get back from mid-winter break. Schedule and location TBD -- we're working on securing synthetic fields for tryouts so we don't have to worry about damaging Wallingford Playfield.
- Please read our Acceptance Criteria.
What to bring
- A warm layer and rain jacket
- Appropriate and comfortable athletic clothing. Synthetic shirt and shorts is best.
- Long sleeves and tights when it's cold
- Water bottle
- Fantastic ultimate spirit!
- Game schedules will be posted on the DiscNW Middle School Spring League page.
- Games will be played each Saturday from Mar 11 through May 13, generally between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- There will be between 6-9 regular season games and 1-3 playoff games.
- Players must have their own transportation to practices and games.
- We hope to enlist a parent to organize a practice and game-day carpool system. If you'd like to be a Carpool Coordinator or participant, or Metro Bus Chaperone, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: There is no after-school Activity Bus. Spring ultimate is not affiliated with Seattle Public Schools or Hamilton International Middle School. Because of this, utilizing the Activity Bus is not an option for participants of spring ultimate.
- Spring Reign will be held the weekend of April 22 & 23 at Skagit River Park in Burlington.
- We are going to submit bids to take at least 2 teams. This is an invitational tournament, so team participation is not guaranteed.
- We will most likely not be taking 6th graders. An alternate, local tournament for 6th grade teams may be organized.
- Priority for placement on a tournament team will be given to 7th and 8th grade A team players.
- Player participation in Spring Reign is at the sole discretion of the coaches and steering committee of the Hamilton Ultimate Club.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com